Friday

At this rate I'm going to have to change this to worst customer of the month.
Though, it is actually a good thing I'm posting less often...It means that less people have been assholes to me recently. Either that or so many people are assholes, I'm just getting used to it.

Anyway, lets get on with the show kids!

For those of you who don't know, I work in a diner-style restaurant. Basically, a family-owned Denny's with good quality food. And some damned good green chili. I just wanted you to keep that in mind...

Table 7 - A young blonde woman asked me, "Excuse me, do you have San Pellegrino water?"
"No, ma'am. I'm sorry, we don't carry bottled water." *pause* "Not even Fiji?" "Nope, sorry. We do have coca-cola products and Bud on tap though." *smile*

Host Desk - "Hi ladies, two this evening?" The shorter blonde lady responds, "Yes, non-smoking please." "The whole restaurant is non-smoking, so that should be easy enough. Follow me, please." The taller blonde lady stops me, "Is it really non-smoking, it smells like cigarettes." "Yes, ma'am. Colorado passed a law that prohibits smoking in restaurants, and we've been non-smoking for about seven or eight months now. Would you like a booth?" "Can we have a waitress that doesn't smoke cigarettes then. I don't want to have to smell their smoke while I'm trying to eat." It just so happened that evening that no one there, not even the manager, was a non-smoker. "Actually, I'm not sure there is a non-smoking server here tonight...would you like me to double check?" "No, we'll just go somewhere else." And they left.

I can understand not wanting to eat in a restaurant that allows smoking and I can even understand that it can be gross when someone breeathes smoker breath on you but there's only been one time, ever that I can remember being able to smell the smoke on a server while I was a diner. And I don't cook, so I eat out a LOT.

Yeah, that's all for now. Catch up with you later.

No comments: